35 Best Gifts For Elderly Parents That They Will Adore
Buying gifts for older people can be quite daunting, even harder if they are your parents. What to buy for someone that continually reminds you that they don't need anything, and they have seen everything?
Googling the best gifts for elderly parents can be difficult as you will find all sorts of stuff. Some of them are too complicated for them to use, others are too simple, and the rest they either own or have owned.
Well, if you don't want to spend hours wandering and wondering what to buy, you are at the right place. Read on to find what you need!
- List of Interesting elderly Gifts sorted by price range
- Best Gifts For elderly parents [top 35 reviewed]
- 1) Letters to My Grandchild: Write Now. Read Later. Treasure Forever
- 2) Vive Walker Bag
- 3) Ettore Grip'n Grab: Multi-Purpose Reach Tool
- 4) Ohuhu Folding Walking Cane with LED Light
- 5) Pocket Magnifying Glass 3X
- 6) RockDove Men's Original Two-Tone Memory Foam Slipper
- 7) RECUTMS Photo Album 600 Pockets
- 8) TableTopics Original
- 9) Malmo Stainless Steel Double Walled Ice Bucket
- 10) All in One Sockee Sock Aid
- 11) DayClox – The Original Memory Loss Digital Calendar Day Clock
- 12) Large Heating Pad for Back and Shoulders Pain Relief
- 13) Sunbeam Heated Mattress Pad
- 14) Chanasya 5-Piece Warm Hugs Blanket & Throws
- 15) Xtra-Comfort Bed Wedge Pillow
- 16) Calamondin Citrus Plant
- 17) Sterling Silver Engraved Four-Picture Heart Locket Necklace
- 18) iTouchless 13 Gallon SensorCan Touchless Trash Can
- 19) YnM Weighted Blanket
- 20) LiveFine Automatic Pill Dispenser
- 21) Ullo Wine Purifier
- 22) Ageless Innovation - Silver Cat with White Mitts
- 23) Ring Video Doorbell with HD Video
- 24) Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker
- 25) PURAP Seat Cushion
- 26) Snailax Shiatsu Neck & Back Massager with Heat
- 27) Pix-Star 10 Inch Wi-Fi Cloud Digital Picture Frame
- 28) Drive Medical Lightweight Expedition
- 29) Able Life Able Tray Table
- 30) Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S (Slim)
- 31) Crosley C200 Direct-Drive Turntable
- 32) MedMassager MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager
- 33) Nest (T3007ES) Learning Thermostat 3rd Gen
- 34) Prairie View Industries WCR630 Portable Multi-fold Ramp
- 35) Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair Sofa for Elderly
List of Interesting elderly Gifts sorted by price range
- 1Letters to My Grandchild
- 2Vive Walker Bag
- 3Ettore Grip'n Grab: Multi-Purpose Reach Tool
- 4Ohuhu Folding Walking Cane with LED Light
- 5Pocket Magnifying Glass 3X
- 6RockDove Men's Memory Foam Slipper
- 7RECUTMS Photo Album
- 8TableTopics Original
- 9Hemp Pain Relief Cream
- 10All in One Sockee Sock Aid
- 11Memory Loss Digital Calendar
- 12Large Heating Pad
From $50 - $100
- 13Sunbeam Heated Mattress Pad
- 14Chanasya 5-Piece Warm Hugs Blanket & Throws
- 15Xtra-Comfort Bed Wedge Pillow
- 16Calamondin Citrus Plant
- 17Sterling Silver Engraved Four-Picture Heart Locket Necklace
- 18iTouchless Trash Can
- 19YnM Weighted Blanket
- 20LiveFine Automatic Pill Dispenser
- 21Ullo Wine Purifier
- 22Silver Cat with White Mitts
- 23Ring Video Doorbell with HD Video
- 24Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker
- 25PURAP Seat Cushion
- 26Snailax Shiatsu Neck & Back Massager
- 27Pix-Star 10 Inch Digital Picture Frame
- 28Drive Medical Wheelchair
- 29Able Life Able Tray Table
- 30Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac
- 31Crosley C200 Turntable
- 32MedMassager MMF06
- 33Nest Learning Thermostat
- 34Portable Multi-Fold Ramp
- 35Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair Sofa
Best Gifts For elderly parents [top 35 reviewed]
1) Letters to My Grandchild: Write Now. Read Later. Treasure Forever
These 12 letter prompts are beyond anything that your elderly parents will expect from you. Each starts differently and is meant to be a bridge between two generations of people.
The first one begins with "Here is a special story about our family...:”, the second one with “It may surprise you to learn that when I was young…”, the third one with “One positive change in the world I have witnessed is…”. This is a unique, affordable, yet a very touching gift ideas.
2) Vive Walker Bag
This is a practical gift for elderly folks that have mobility problems and use walkers. The Vive walker bag can be easily attached to any walker, is made of durable and water-resistant material, lightweight, and can be machine-washed. You can feel its compartments with various accessories, phone, medications, some water, etc.
3) Ettore Grip'n Grab: Multi-Purpose Reach Tool
Check out this stoneware pot that looks equally riveting with or without a plant. Its neutral colors and geometric patterns make it so stylish that it can be easily blended in any style, and it can fit in any room. Its dimensions are 5 x 4.1 x 5 inches, and it weighs 1.36 pounds.
4) Ohuhu Folding Walking Cane with LED Light
Mobility is an issue for so many older parents. The walking cane has been helping them with mobility issues for centuries now. However, Ohuhu is a company that decided that the good old cane needs an upgrade. That's why they made it quite lightweight, added light for night walking, made it foldable, and added an anti-slip pivoting base.
5) Pocket Magnifying Glass 3X
It's portable, it can be fitted in a pocket, and can help you read even the smallest prints. Its lenses are protected from scratching, and it has its own LED light. That way, your elderly parents can once again start reading books, magazines, spot the prices at the local store, and don't have headaches caused by eye strain.
6) RockDove Men's Original Two-Tone Memory Foam Slipper
They might look like any other regular slippers, but they are not. These ones come with memory foam for great comfort. They are waterproof, and most important of all, they have anti-slip bottom grips.
7) RECUTMS Photo Album 600 Pockets
Forget the cloud; elderly people will always go for a classic photo album. This photo album can hold up to 600 pictures. Pictures are spread on over 120 pages. Each page can hold up to 5 photographs (6x4).
8) TableTopics Original
How about an old-fashioned conversation starter for your elderly parents. This edition comes with 25% updated questions and can break the ice to any party and get people talking. More information on how to play this game here.
9) Malmo Stainless Steel Double Walled Ice Bucket
When you are old, even the smallest injuries can hurt like hell. Well, unless you have something like this hemp pain relief cream. It is a 100% natural pain relief that not only can provide immediate pain relief, but it is also very beneficial to the skin.
10) All in One Sockee Sock Aid
Sometimes even the simplest things like putting your socks on can be a huge nuance if you are an older adult. This smart aid is unique and unlike anything else on the market. There is no need to bend over to pull on your socks. The shoehorn and the handle ease the process of putting your socks on.
11) DayClox – The Original Memory Loss Digital Calendar Day Clock
Sometimes older parents need a reminder of what time, day and date it is. The DayClox is perfect for that task as it displays all that clearly and vividly. Furthermore, it doesn’t have any confusing abbreviations that some elders might find hard to understand.
The DayClox can be set in eight different languages: English, French, Spanish, Welsh, Dutch, Polish, German, and Italian. It can be programmed to show either 12 hour or 24-hour military time.
12) Large Heating Pad for Back and Shoulders Pain Relief
How about a really large heating pad that can cover both the back and the shoulders. It is one of the most effective pain relief aids for people suffering from muscle tension. If you are of a late age, then the pain can be substantial.
This heating pad features six temperature settings, snap fasteners, heats up quickly, and has weighted edges. It offers both moist and dry therapy options.
13) Sunbeam Heated Mattress Pad
There is no better gift ideas than the gift of sound sleep. This heated mattress pad can keep your elderly parents warm throughout the night, as it can automatically adjust the temperature of the bed.
Its made of 100% polyester, it has a 10-hour auto-off function, and ten heat settings. Plus, its dryer safe and is machine washable. That way, your parents never have to jump into a cold bed.
14) Chanasya 5-Piece Warm Hugs Blanket & Throws
This is not your regular blanket; it is a smile extractor. This type of present makes you warm both on the inside and the outside. Every piece is made of super-soft, 100% polyester that can be machine washed. The set consists of a foldable bag, blanket (50x65), socks, and an eye mask.
15) Xtra-Comfort Bed Wedge Pillow
Thanks to the advanced 4 in 1 design, the Xtra-Comfort Bed Wedge Pillow can fit on virtually any bed. It can provide additional support and comfort while sleeping or just sitting. Much of that is possible because of its high-density memory foam that feels very soft while at the same time is being very supportive.
16) Calamondin Citrus Plant
Calamondin plants can be as high as 22 inches and 8 inches wide. It blooms all year long and is edible. It tastes a bit like kumquat, and a bit like a mandarin orange. It's rich in minerals and vitamins. Older parents can enjoy eating it as it is very nutritious and is extremely refreshing.
17) Sterling Silver Engraved Four-Picture Heart Locket Necklace
This rhodium-plated silver heart necklace doesn't only look very elegant and beautiful, but it serves a dual purpose as well. On its inside, it contains a heart locket that can fit four pictures. Add some pictures, and the little necklace can turn into a magical one.
18) iTouchless 13 Gallon SensorCan Touchless Trash Can
A trash can is not something that you usually buy as a gift. But, this is no ordinary trash can. This is a touchless trash can that doesn’t let smell getaway as it has its own Carbon activated filter that keeps every smell in check. It has an elegant design, super easy to clean and has a smart lid that at no circumstances can fall on the user's hand. How’s that for a trash can?
19) YnM Weighted Blanket
A lot has been written and spoken about weighted blankets and all the great benefits that come with it. The YnM weighted blanket features seven layers that are there with the purpose to surround your body and make you as comfortable as possible.
20) LiveFine Automatic Pill Dispenser
Older people need their pills, and that's unavoidable. At the same time, many elders get to take a lot of pills every day, often more than once a day, and some days different pills at different dosages. Keeping track of all that is sometimes difficult even for the ones with fewer conditions weighing on them.
This is where automatic pill dispensers like this one comes to save the day. They can be filled with the right dosage in advance for 28 days and can automatically deliver that dosage to be released at the right time and in the prescribed intervals.
21) Ullo Wine Purifier
The wine purifier eliminates all Sulfites and Sediments from the wine, while at the same time, allows vine's natural aromas to reveal itself. Just place the Ullo wine purifier on every glass, and it will do its magic. The set includes one Ullo wine purifier, four filters, and one travel bag. The purifier can be cleaned by hand or by a dishwasher.
22) Ageless Innovation - Silver Cat with White Mitts
Older parents sometimes have a tough time taking care of a pet. Therefore, buying them one is not always the best gift ideas. But, you can thank technology for this super exciting and authentic robotic cat. It doesn't jump like a real cat, doesn't require to be fed, drink, nor it poops. But it likes to meow and responds nicely to any touch.
That makes it the perfect pet for every person that needs some company, yet can't handle a real pet.
23) Ring Video Doorbell with HD Video
How about a smart doorbell that records and lets you talk with anyone that comes at your doorstep? It is a small thing but can go a long way in keeping your parents safe from unwanted guests. They can choose whether to respond or not at all.
The video can be watched via almost any smartphone, tablet, or PC. The Ring Video Dorbell is compatible with both Alexa and Amazon’s Echo. It can be placed on any home, it has infrared vision, and has a motion sensor that activates every time someone is at the front door.
24) Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker
This is a classic as everyone loves a great coffee maker. Keurig’s flagship is the K-Elite Maker that comes with a quiet brew technology, 75oz reservoir, removable drip tray, and maintenance reminder. It can brew not just coffee, but also hot cocoa, tea, and other types of beverages.
25) PURAP Seat Cushion
This seat cushion is designed to prevent pressure sores, as well as to help with the healing of advanced stage sores. It can be easily placed in car seats, wheelchairs, regular chairs, recliners, and other seats.
The PURAP Seat Cushion has been tested at Stanford University Hospital, and all the clinical data from the study has been publicly released.
26) Snailax Shiatsu Neck & Back Massager with Heat
Elder or not, no one can resist this fantastic neck & back massager. It can be programmed to massage different parts of the back and the neck, with or without heat, and comes with a remote controller that allows customizing your massage experience.
The neck and back covers are entirely detachable so that you can properly wash and reuse them. This massager cushion can be used on a recliner, sofa, dining chair, couch, or office chair.
27) Pix-Star 10 Inch Wi-Fi Cloud Digital Picture Frame
How about a smart digital frame that can be easily updated with a new recent photo and easily shared with other family members. Photos are displayed in 1024 x 768 pixels and can be easily shared via the Pix-Star app ( available for free for both iOS and Android devices).
The Digital frame can be easily connected to the home Wi-Fi and can display photos from various sources: Facebook, Google Drive, Instagram, Flicker, Dropbox, Google Photos, etc.
28) Drive Medical Lightweight Expedition
Sometimes, the best you can do for your elder parent is to buy a comfortable wheelchair. This model from Drive Medical weighs just 19 lbs, its easily foldable for transport and comes with nylon upholstery and seat belts. It is the lightest model in our list of top rated wheelchairs.
29) Able Life Able Tray Table
This able tray can make your parent's life much easier and comfortable. Not only it can provide the perfect support for both sitting down and standing up, but it is perfect for placing a laptop, meals, books, and for other activities.
Plus, it has its cup holder, which is a nice little touch. The Able Life Tray Table can be easily adjusted, so it fits the user's preferences, as to fit any sofa or chair.
30) Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S (Slim)
Vacuum cleaning is always an issue with older people with limited mobility. At least for those that don't have one of these robotic vacuum cleaners that get the cleaning done on their own. The Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac was proclaimed as the "Best Robot Vacuum of 2018" by Digital Trends.
They won that award thanks to advanced features like its drop-sensing technology to avoid drops and its sensors for evading obstacles. Furthermore, it can charge all by itself, and you don't have to worry whether your parents have done that or not.
31) Crosley C200 Direct-Drive Turntable
It's time to take off the dust from the old vinyl with the help of Crossley's C200 direct-drive turntable. It is the perfect gift ideas for older people that love music, especially music from their youth and that own vinyl records.
This direct-drive turntable features a high-torque motor mechanism, height adjustment, tonearm that has a hydraulic lift control, hydraulic lift control, and a lot more. All that adds up to an excellent turntable that can produce fantastic music from vinyl records.
32) MedMassager MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager
There are many massagers out there, but not many are as great as the MedMassager MMFO6. It has a super-powerful 11-speed motor that can reach up to 3,700 RPM, which is by all accounts very impressive.
The MMF06 is recommended by physical therapists and doctors that use it to stimulate circulation in the legs and feet. More information of this model can be found here.
33) Nest (T3007ES) Learning Thermostat 3rd Gen
This thermostat can be easily used from any smartphone or tablet. Even older parents can easily get the hang of it in no time. And if they can't, there is no reason for someone to take care of that. You can handle it remotely from a smartphone or tablet.
34) Prairie View Industries WCR630 Portable Multi-fold Ramp
This foldable ramp can be easily carried pretty much everywhere as it weighs only 35 pounds and can carry up to 800 pounds. The ramp can be easily separated into two separate sections and can be carried like a suitcase. This model also tops our best wheelchair ramps reviews.
35) Mcombo Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair Sofa for Elderly
Not many elderly parents' gifts can compare to the Mcombo electric power lift recliner chair sofa. It is designed in a way that it slightly tilts forward when the person wants to stand up.
That way, the standing up is easy, and without any stress on the knees or the back. And if that is not enough, it comes with two cup holders, USB charging port, and is made with a high-quality upholstery for added comfort.
This concludes our list of best gifts for elderly parents. We hope you find our list useful and do remember to leave a comment below to let us know which gifts works out for you. Cheers!
Other Great gift posts for this upcoming holiday season:-