7 Effective Tips on How to Use a Snowblower During Winter
Winter is a beautiful season but most of us dislike clearing the snow. Shoveling is a tedious task and people are going for snowblowers these days to save more time and making the task easier to complete.
Does a snowblower solve all our problems? Is there any efficient way on how to use a snowblower? Yes, in fact, it isn’t very hard to use one as these machines are fairly simple.
However, essential knowledge on how to operate them properly needs to be followed to ensure safety and proper usage. In this article, we will be providing you with 7 smart ways on using a snowblower.
7 Smart Ways on How to Use a Snowblower
- 1Before you start with the machine, check the wind direction. It is crucial to move the snowblower along the direction of the wind. Also, dress in well-fitted clothes and keep pets and kids away from your snowblower. It is important for you to read the manual before using any type of snow blower.
- 2Always choose a path where there is no one coming in your way. It is best to choose an area with good drainage so that when the snow melts it falls easily into the said drainage.
- 3Run a pre-check on your snow blower. Make sure that the level of oil in the engine is appropriate and clean. Also, it is strongly recommended to use oil according to the weather condition. The machine should be ready with skid shoes and in the effective setting. It should be low for a paved driveway and high for a gravel driveway.
- 4Clear all foreign objects and cars from your driveway. This will ensure that you can work the fullest and blow all the snow.
- 5Turn on the snowblower and set it properly. If you do not know the technique, read about how to turn on a snowblower. In case there is no wind, use circular motions to blow away the winds. The nozzle should always face towards the yard or the direction where you are blowing the snow. If there is a wind, face the direction of the wind and blow the snow. Rotate your snow chute to accommodate the snow.
- 6The snowblower wouldn’t clear away every bit of snow. So, do the remainder using your hands and go to places which are harder to reach.
- 7Clean the snow blower before taking it inside as it will end up in a mess. Also, use a cleaning kit rather than just going for it. Turn it off and let it cool for a while before doing anything.
On a Side Note
If, by any chance, you are on the lookout for a new snowblower, please read our reviews on our best rated snow blowers. We have listed down each key specs, along with their pros and cons to help you decide which one is meets your criteria.
Important Safety Tips
We hope that by now you know how to use a snowblower after reading our tips. Always be safe when using such tool and it is recommended to use proper protection when needed. It is always our responsibility to pre-check our snowblower before starting the snow-cleaning task.
Stay safe during your snow cleaning jobs.